TERRAFIRMA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
This website is operated by TERRAFIRMA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS. The privacy of our users is extremely important to us and therefore we encourage all users to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information regarding:
Who we are
TERRAFIRMA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS ('we', 'us', 'our') collect, use and are responsible for storing certain personal information about you ('you', 'your', 'yours').
The personal information we collect and use
Personal information is information which you can be identified from (and does not include any anonymised forms of information).
1. Types of personal information
We may process the following types of personal information in relation to you:
Email Address, Full Name, Phone Number, Company Name
2. Types of sensitive information
We may also process the following types of sensitive information in relation to you:
How your personal information is collected
This section describes how the above types of personal information are collected by us. Your personal information will be collected as follows:
1. Personal information obtained from you directly
We will sometimes obtain information from you directly, including when you:
Subscribe to our newsletters and for us to contact them is requested.
2. Changes to the way in which we collect your personal information
In the event that we need to obtain personal information in relation to you from any other source than those described above, we shall notify you of this.
How we use your personal information
1. General purposes
In general, your personal information will generally be processed for the following purposes:
The contact information will be used to make contact with clients and potential clients that opt into our marketing and email campaings
Any sensitive information in relation to you will generally be processed for the following purposes:
It will be used for the purpose of the business relationship we have with our clients.
We may monitor communications, and in doing so we may obtain your personal information through this process. We will undertake monitoring in the following circumstances:
All emails and correspondence will be monitored for Assurance and security reasons.
3. Use of your information for marketing purposes
We have described above that one of the general purposes for which your data shall be processed is for our marketing purposes.
We wish to make you aware that you have the right to object or to opt-out of any direct marketing by:
Unsubscribe using the link that will be included in the email and newsletters.
4. Credit checking
We have described above that one of the purposes we use your personal information is in order to undertake credit checking on you. Any such search will be recorded on the files of the credit reference agency.
We may also disclose information about how you conduct your account to credit reference agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked.
Other credit businesses may use your information to:
(1) make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated;
(2) prevent and detect fraud and money laundering;
(3) ensure you are eligible for certain products and services; and/or
(4) verify information you provide us with.
Lawful basis for processing of your personal information
We have described above the purposes for which we may process your personal information. These purposes will at all times be ju
stified by UK data protection law.
1. General lawful bases
The lawful basis upon which we are able to process your personal data are:
(1) where we have your consent to use your data for a specific purpose;
(2) where it is necessary to enter into a legal contract with you or to perform obligations under a legal contract with you;
(3) where it is necessary to enable us to comply with a legal obligation;
(4) where it is necessary to ensure our own legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (provided that your own interests and rights do not override those interests). Wherever we rely upon this basis, details of the legitimate interests concerned shall be provided to you;
(5) where we need to protect your own vital interests (or the vital interests of another person); and/or
(6) where it is needed in the public interest (or where we are acting in our official functions), provided that the task or function has a clear basis in law.
In general, in order to meet the purposes we have described above, we will process your personal information where it is necessary to protect your vital interests, and vital interests of others.
2. Lawful bases applicable to sensitive information
We have explained above that we may process sensitive personal information in relation to you. We have defined above the general purposes for which we process your personal sensitive information. These purposes are justified by lawful conditions. There are however additional conditions which apply to sensitive personal information.
We will therefore only process your sensitive personal information for any or a combination of the following additional lawful reasons, which are:
(1) where you have provided us with explicit consent;
(2) where it is necessary for employment, social security and social protection (and it is properly authorised by law);
(3) where it is necessary for your vital interests or the interests of another person;
(4) where the processing is carried out in the course of legitimate activities under a foundation, association or non-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim;
(5) where the information is made publicly available by you;
(6) where the processing is necessary for defending or establishing legal claims or court proceedings;
(7) where the processing is necessary for substantial public interest;
(8) where the information is necessary for medical or social care reasons;
(9) where the information is necessary for reasons of public interests or in the area of public health; and/or
(10) where the information is necessary for scientific research, statistical purposes, historical research or archiving purposes in public interest.
In general, in order to meet the purposes we have described, we will usually process your sensitive information where:
it is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of you or the interests of another person. This shall only apply where the person whose vital interests are to be protected is unable to consent (for example to urgent medical treatment).
3. Lawful bases specifically applicable to marketing
We will only ever use your personal information to send you marketing directly where we have your explicit consent (which will be obtained in a format separately to this policy).
Sharing of your personal information
On any occasion where any of your personal information is shared with any third party, we shall only permit them to process such information for our required purposes, under our specific instruction, and not for their own purposes. We are required to enter into a formal legal agreement to enable such sharing to take place.
We do not anticipate that we will need to share your personal information with any third party. We will notify should this position change.
How long your personal information will be kept
Your personal information will only be kept for the period of time which is necessary for us to fulfil the above purposes.
We envisage that your personal information shall be retained by us for the following:
Names, Address, email and phone numbers for a period of 4 years.
After the period described above, your information shall be properly deleted or anonymised.
Keeping your information secure
We will ensure the proper safety and security of your personal information and have measures in place to do so. We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures are as follows:
User account and passwords
We are ISO 27001 certified. This certification assists us in ensuring the safety of your personal information.
We have proper procedures in place to deal with any data security breach, which shall be reported and dealt with in accordance with data protection laws and regulations. You shall also be notified of any suspected data breach concerning your personal information.
Our website is not intended for children (anybody under the age of 18). We do not intend to collect data from children.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
(1) fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
(2) access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Statement is already designed to address;
(3) require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
(4) require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
(5) receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this information to a third party in certain situations;
(6) object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
(7) object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
(8) object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, or ask us to suspend the processing procedure in order for you confirm its assurance or our reasoning for processing it;
(9) object to processing our your personal information where we are doing so in reliance upon a legitimate interest of our own or of a third party and where you wish to raise to an objection to this particular ground;
(10)otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
(11) claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws; and/or
(12) in any circumstance where we rely upon your consent for processing personal information, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact IAN CRATES in the following manner:
Via the contact form and newletter sign up.
If you would like this policy in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us using the details below.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The UK General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner.
The relevant person to contact regarding your personal information is: IAN CRATES.
Any requests or questions regarding the use of your personal information should be made to the above named person using the following method:
Via the contact form and newletter sign up.
Sources of further Information
This policy provides key information to you regarding the processed of your information. For certain areas of our information processing, we have further comprehensive details contained in other documentation. This information can be located as follows:
Terrafirma Business Solutions (UK)
15 Neptune Court, Vanguard Way, Cardiff, United Kingdom, CF24 5PJ
Copyright © 2021 Terrafirma Business Solutions - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy